[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:14:56 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/20 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> There is a definition for temporal spatial deinterlacing in the VDPAU patch,
> but I couldn't get it to work. The patch said lots of stuff was broken, so
> no idea if it's being worked on. But of course, you know to look on the -dev
> and -commit lists for more information on features being implemented. :)

Just finished creating ubuntu packages using branch mythtv-vid

Tried VDPAU rendering and the new deinterlacer.. Oh boy I'm impressed.
It's almost perfect. It's almost as good as what my Sony TV built-in
tuner does

Currently using the Advanced HW de-interlacer ; there are some black
pixels here and there when you have a text scrolling horizontally ;
but no more flickering or blinking whatsoever...

I had never been able to achieve such result with previous version...

Now changing channel is damn slow...

Thank you all for your help
Jean-Yves