[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:52:07 UTC 2009

Hi Mark

2009/1/20 Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>:
> Are you using some of those patches or a clean version of 0.21? As you
> know, a lot has changed with the OpenGL renderer in recent times and
> I'd suggest the only useful way of debugging this is to work with a
> clean version of trunk (which hopefully has fixed it anyway!).

Yes ; I'm using your patches ... they are your fixes 1-27 applied to
0.21-stable branch

This was done following issues with nvidia drivers with OpenGL
rendered which gave a blank screen if trying to watch two videos after
another..

We talked about this on the nvidia forum in the thread 169.12 'blank' screen:

Does the vid branch contains the VDPAU mods ?
> 8600GT should be fine for most stuff - probably the only thing it
> won't cope with is hw yadif on HD material.
HW, Yadif HW is possible for video up to 720p, more than that and it's
painfully unwatchable.

I will try with a clean version of 0.21 ...
Thanks again
Jean-Yves