[mythtv-users] MBE loses tuners in SBE until I enter & exit from Mythtv-Setup

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 11 09:38:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 11:48 +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 08/02/2009, Glen Hawksworth <glenhawk at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> >  Maybe the Mythbuntu guys should look at inserting a startup method that
> > allows for ubuntus apparent slow-off-the-mark network
> > connection/authentication.
>
> Have you tried temporarily starting the mythbackend service from /etc/rc.local?
>
> I would have expected to see a lot more mythbuntu users complaining
> here if it was a universal issue :)
>
> Where in the init sequence do your network and mythbackend services
> start? Have you tried altering the chkconfig data at the top of the
> mythbackend initscript to make it start later in the init sequence? As
> a data point my now-ageing MBE system has network starting at 10,
> mysqld at 64, and mythbackend at 86 in runlevel 5.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,
I understand what you are saying and I am encouraged by it but I am not
sure how to achieve it. Your comments have (as a side effect) helped me
to figure out how to get the LCD screen on my server working every time
the system boots (sudo update-rc.d LCDd defaults). I now know how to get
something to start on boot but I don't know how to change the order of
what is started. If it is as simple as ensuring that the networking
starts before mythbackend then that would save a lot of headaches.
Could you please explain how to set the order.
Thanks,
Glen