[mythtv-users] MBE loses tuners in SBE until I enter & exit from Mythtv-Setup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:48:21 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009, Glen Hawksworth <glenhawk at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>  Maybe the Mythbuntu guys should look at inserting a startup method that
> allows for ubuntus apparent slow-off-the-mark network
> connection/authentication.

Have you tried temporarily starting the mythbackend service from /etc/rc.local?

I would have expected to see a lot more mythbuntu users complaining
here if it was a universal issue :)

Where in the init sequence do your network and mythbackend services
start? Have you tried altering the chkconfig data at the top of the
mythbackend initscript to make it start later in the init sequence? As
a data point my now-ageing MBE system has network starting at 10,
mysqld at 64, and mythbackend at 86 in runlevel 5.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: