[mythtv-users] Audio Problems with MythTV + PS3 uPnP

Eric Holt ericsh at wvcom.net
Mon Feb 2 02:15:42 UTC 2009

Hello All.  Started having a new issue recently with my MythTV setup.  Did a
little googling and wasnt finding much on it so I thought I'd ask here on
the mailing list.

My roommate has a PS3 in the living room, and I have my backend/frontend
machine in my room.  I was recording only analog cable, but have since
dropped that and am just doing ATSC over-the-air with two Hauppauge 1250
tuners.  Works GREAT!

However, twice now in the past week, we've had some peculiar audio issues.
First was last week's episode of Lost.  The audio on the PS3 was in
Spanish!  On my backend/frontend, it played the correct English audio
stream.  Couldn't figure out how to change the audio stream, so we ended up
having to watch it in my room.

Then tonight, the new episode of Cops from Saturday, just had "noise" for
audio ... however again on my machine in my room, audio was perfectly fine.
I cant figure out if this is a PS3 problem, a upnp problem, a recording
problem, or what?

Soon, we're gonna be building a "real" front end for the living room that
will actually run Myth, so this wont be a problem -- but until then, it'd be
nice to figure this out. :)

BTW I'm running the latest 0.21-fixes SVN code, compiled just the other day
on Slackware 12.1 as my backend/frontend machine in my room.

Thanks!
--Eric