[mythtv-users] Internal player plays video too fast

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Mon Feb 2 00:47:21 UTC 2009

Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I couldn't find a bug report on the trac, so I'm assuming it's a problem
> on my end. All my regular videos (not the recorder videos) are playing
> way too fast in the internal player
>
> The video is twice as fast as it should be, while audio remains the
> same.
>
> I'm not experiencing this problem in any of the regular video players
> (smplayer, totem) so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

I think it has something to do with the video reporting itself as
progressive when it's actually interlaced, or vice versa.  I get the
same issue out of my firewire connection when I record analog channels.

I haven't been motivated to fix it though, since I can avoid recording
analog over firewire without too much trouble by judicious use of
channel priorities (and a PVR 250 ;)

Greg