[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:48:35 UTC 2009

I chose Myth because it was free, and runs on Linux; I had abandoned Windows
on my home systems just as Vista came out.  I had been experimenting with
various media extenders to access DVD rips on my hard drive for a while, and
then I stumbled across Myth.  At first, I was only going to use the uPNP
features, but quickly realized what Myth could do beyond that, and started
scrounging parts for a frontend. The rest is history.