[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:40:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:41, aaron<memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I started using MythTV in October 2002. It was version 0.06, I
> believe. Configuration was done by editing a text config file, you had
> to keep the frontend running to record anything (there was no
> backend/frontend separation)... no commercial skipping, no
> timestretch... :)

I forgot one reason! The recording software that came with my ATI
TV-Wonder card was complete garbage... which only ran on another pile
of garbage (Windows 98, the only Windows version I have).... more
often than not the software would cause Windows to hang instead of
recording the program. Useful. :/

Of course that would happen while I was at work, which was the whole
reason I wanted to record the program in the first place.

--
aaron