[mythtv-users] Firewire modules do not load

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Aug 21 20:47:14 UTC 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> says:
>> I'd have to say no, but then, the new stack Just Works for me, and
>> apparently doesn't for others...
>
> I'm using CentOS 5 so have the old FireWire stack.

Note that RHEL5 actually ships the new stack, as does CentOS 5, by
extension, but its modules are blacklisted by default, as its still
'tech preview'. I'm not sure that RHEL5's firewire stack has all the
latest and greatest fixes, either at the kernel driver level or the
libraw1394 level though.

> Does the new stack
> (if it works) conclusively solve the need to prime?

I've never ever had to prime with it, but I suspect ymmv.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com