[mythtv-users] slow dvb lock in .21

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 21 08:00:18 UTC 2009

Hi-
Just updated to .21 and am getting a much increased channel change delay
relative to .20 which was already too slow.  It's taking 15 to 25
seconds to lock, and then the normal 3-5 seconds or so after that to
actually play.  Anyone else seeing delays like this?
thx-

    Jeremy

<Disclaimer>
Before a dozen developers jump this question w/ unconstructive "why
watch livetv?" discussion, let me provide some information:
*  I have checked and read previous threads.
*  This is slow channel change, but I don't think the typical buffer
delay- this is slow to lock (dvb-s), and it's different in .21 than  it
was with.20.
*  LiveTV channel change performance does in fact, matter, even if you
personally don't use it.  That is, if you're at all interested in MythTV
maintaining popularity in a rapidly filling market of competing software
or integrated devices that accomplish the same technical hurdles for
LiveTV, but do it better.  I still choose MythTV for a variety of other
reasons, so of course I'd like to see MythTV dominate the competition on
all fronts.  (sorry- I've just seen many other threads degrade to an "I
don't need it, so you shouldn't need it either" type of discussion)
</Disclaimer>