[mythtv-users] Recording of Clear QAM channels

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:01:46 UTC 2008

Now that I have the PVR-1600 working I have been able to record a few
clear QAM programs.  I have found a few issues and I dont know if its
the beta drivers or poor signal level at my house.

When watching a recording from even a SD show that was aired on a
digital channel I will have digital artifacts appear on the screen at
frequent periods.  The video does not appear like its missing frames
so im fairly confident that the system is able to capture at the right
rate.  Is there a way to see overall signal level when watching a
digital station?

As a secondary question I have seen when I copy this mpeg to a window
system and try to play it I can not seek ahead by moving the slider in
Windows Media Player.  I can do this on analog captured shows  Im
wondering again if this is a product of the beta drivers or how
digital captured shows work.