[mythtv-users] Recording of Clear QAM channels

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 02:55:44 UTC 2008

Aaron Klein wrote:
> Now that I have the PVR-1600 working I have been able to record a few
> clear QAM programs.  I have found a few issues and I dont know if its
> the beta drivers or poor signal level at my house.
>
> When watching a recording from even a SD show that was aired on a
> digital channel I will have digital artifacts appear on the screen at
> frequent periods.  The video does not appear like its missing frames
> so im fairly confident that the system is able to capture at the right
> rate.  Is there a way to see overall signal level when watching a
> digital station?

I use a different card (DVICO), but had a similar problem.  Use the
"azap" program to get signal strength and signal-to-noise ratio.

In the end, my probably was with the dvb drivers.  I had to revert to an
old version of the dvb drivers and it fixed my problem.  This may not be
a solution for you since your card is so new.