[mythtv-users] Problem to connect to remote backend

OJ ole at legaard.net
Wed Sep 17 03:31:47 UTC 2008

>> My conclusion is that the request makes it to the backend, because if the
>>  backend is not running the frontend will start just fine. Also after the
>> frontend freezes it will start after I stop the backend.
>>
>>  I actualy receives this error message on the frontend after i stop the
>>  backend:
>>  2008-09-10 21:28:41.667 Unable to connect to database!
>>  2008-09-10 21:28:41.667 Driver error was [1/2013]:
>>  QMYSQL: Unable to connect
>>  Database error was:
>>  Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication
>> packet',
>>  system error: 0

> Check your /etc/my.cnf file - do you have a line:

> bind-address 127.0.0.1

> If you do, comment it out and restart mysqld and then mythbackend.

> --
> Nick Morrott

This file looks like this:
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid