[mythtv-users] manually defining ATSC channel (how-to?)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 29 12:36:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 16:49 -0500, Misty P wrote:
> > So, I highly recommend deciding which is more important--recording
> > something from the 2-hr early-morning test or sleep.
>
> (grumble) all right, *fine*....  :)

Heh, you don't necessarily need to wake up at 2am. If you compile
the channel scanning branch it has a command line channel scanner
which you can put in a cron job. The backend will need to be
restarted after the scan of course. You can also manually define
a channel by poking at the DB, use one of your existing ATSC
channels as a template. The tables you need to modify are channel
and dtv_multiplex, but like Michael I don't recommend this
approach :)

The command line scanner is part of mythtv-setup, and right now
the documentation is pretty much non-existent.

-- Daniel