[mythtv-users] Mythburn Error

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:28:15 UTC 2008

Yea I think this may be the case, I'm migrating away from Knoppmyth (ever
since 2 or 3 versions ago, I couldn't get VNC working, no matter all the
help or commands I ran, and VNC is very important to me at times) and trying
out Mythbuntu.  I finally migrated all my mythtv to mythbuntu, and will
probably migrate my fathers in a week or 2 once I verify that it has what he
wants (only issue is, and no i haven't had time to looks for the answer, is
getting mythweb running).

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> > My father wants to archive some of his shows to DVD and about a year
> > ago I did this fine for him.  But just went up there last week to do
> > it and got this error:
> >
> > The script fails with
> >

> > Failed to run mytharchivehelper to get mysql database parameters.
> > Failed to init mythcontext.
> >

> > So I looked in the readme, and his mysql.txt files are located at:
> > /etc/mythtv/
> > /usr/share/mythtv
> > /home/mythtv/
> > /root
> >
> > I have no idea how to fix this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > MacNean C. Tyrrell
> >
> These sort of thing are often the result of using incompatible versions.
> Make sure both MythTV and MythPlugins are the  same version and that you
> don't have several versions in different directories.

Yea I think this may be the case, I'm migrating away from Knoppmyth (ever
since 2 or 3 versions ago, I couldn't get VNC working, no matter all the
help or commands I ran, and VNC is very important to me at times, so I kept
that version, but upgraded mythtv for the Schedules Direct, and not sure
that Mythburn got updated at this time) and trying out Mythbuntu.  I finally
migrated all my mythtv boxes (including the new appletv i just picked up) to
mythbuntu this weekend, and will probably migrate my fathers in a week or 2
once I verify that it has what he wants (only issue is, and no i haven't had
time to looks for the answer, is getting mythweb running).

> You can run mytharchivehelper on the command line to see what error it
> gives like this :-
>
> mytharchivehelper -p ~/test.txt
>
> If it works you should have in your home directory a test.txt file with
> the mysql parameters in it.
>
> Paul H.

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell