[mythtv-users] Mythburn Error

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Oct 19 10:03:05 UTC 2008

MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> My father wants to archive some of his shows to DVD and about a year
> ago I did this fine for him.  But just went up there last week to do
> it and got this error:
>
> The script fails with
>

> Failed to run mytharchivehelper to get mysql database parameters.
> Failed to init mythcontext.
>

> So I looked in the readme, and his mysql.txt files are located at:
> /etc/mythtv/
> /usr/share/mythtv
> /home/mythtv/
> /root
>
> I have no idea how to fix this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> MacNean C. Tyrrell

These sort of thing are often the result of using incompatible versions.
Make sure both MythTV and MythPlugins are the  same version and that you
don't have several versions in different directories.

You can run mytharchivehelper on the command line to see what error it
gives like this :-

mytharchivehelper -p ~/test.txt

If it works you should have in your home directory a test.txt file with
the mysql parameters in it.

Paul H.