[mythtv-users] Channel change problem with Plextor ConvertX

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Sat May 31 15:26:33 UTC 2008

On Saturday 31 May 2008 10:01:10 am Thomas Pedersen wrote:
> Dale E. Martin wrote:
> I havn't notice any channel changing problems on my gentoo install, but
> I don't have any audio at all.
> (Running kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 right now, with patch from
> http://bart.ulyssis.org/go7007/)
> I havn't been able to locate any clue it about the audio :(

I've heard that the easiest way to get it to work on gentoo was to use
a pre-2.6.17 kernel.  Luckily I haven't upgraded my kernel on the
backend in some time so I am still on 2.6.16.  Originally my father
was trying to use this tuner on his machine had a newer kernel, we
were not able to get it working so we traded tuners (to my eventual
chagrin when I upgraded mythtv...).

BTW, the guy on the gentoo forums that reported the same problem I
have is running 2.6.23.16, he seems to be able to get sound so maybe
there is a path to get this working with a newer kernel...

Paul