[mythtv-users] Channel change problem with Plextor ConvertX

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sat May 31 21:26:31 UTC 2008

> I havn't notice any channel changing problems on my gentoo install, but
> I don't have any audio at all.
> (Running kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 right now, with patch from
> http://bart.ulyssis.org/go7007/)
> I havn't been able to locate any clue it about the audio :(

Do you know if the audio problem is related to recording or playback?  On
my frontend I switched my output to "ALSA:default" or whatever was
recommended.  I believe previously I was using OSS.  Of course, if the
issue is audio from the tuner this is not going to help.

When I have audio issues in the past I've run alsamixer and tried to ensure
the right input channels are enabled and that the levels are turned up.

> Does the install on debian go without too many trouple ??

Well, it wasn't flawless for me but I didn't find it too hard either.
(I'm quite comfortable with Linux and myhtv though.)

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin