[mythtv-users] Channel change problem with Plextor ConvertX

Thomas Pedersen tp at gvdnet.dk
Sat May 31 15:01:10 UTC 2008

Dale E. Martin wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:27:22PM -0500, Paul V. Gratz wrote:
>
>> I've been having an odd problem since I upgraded to MythTV v.21.  I'm
>> using a plextor ConvertX usb tuner for my analog TV.  Recordings seem
>> to work fine however when I'm changing the channel while watching live
>> TV there is video corruption: the video has the left and right halves
>> swapped and introduces many digital artifacts.  If I quit out and go
>> back to live tv the picture looks fine again until I change the
>> channel again.  Everything used to work fine when I was on MythTV
>> v.20.
>>

> I don't have a solution but I have seen this too.  I rarely watch live tv
> so I haven't worried about it too much.  I'm using Debian and the mythtv
> packages from debian-multimedia, so the problem is not Gentoo specific.
>
> Take care,
>   Dale

I havn't notice any channel changing problems on my gentoo install, but
I don't have any audio at all.
(Running kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 right now, with patch from
http://bart.ulyssis.org/go7007/)
I havn't been able to locate any clue it about the audio :(

Does the install on debian go without too many trouple ??

-- Thomas