[mythtv-users] Permissions on Diskless FE

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 19:54:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a PXE diskless install of fedora 8 working as a frontend. I just
purchased a new HDTV (move from SD).  Now mythfrontend takes forever to load
because it has to re-create the themecache.  Being the diskless system
doesnt have access to read and write to the home dir.  it cant save the
cache and it takes forever.

To fix this i would theink the easiest way would be to change the
permissions of the home dir.

I tried doing a chroot /diskless/i386/F8/root/ (on the server) and doing a
chmod -R /home/myth but that doesnt work.

Logging in as root on the diskless system and changing perm. just gives me a
read only error.

hope this makes sense.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Mitchell