[mythtv-users] Changing Storage Groups

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 30 22:19:33 UTC 2008

* On Sun Mar 30, 2008 at 04:08:24PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> >  > Just move the file and MYthTV automatically will find it.
> >
> >  Yes, that is correct.  Myth will search all Storage Group directories if
> >  it does not find the file in the Storage Group it expects the file to be in.
>
> Does this work across multiple backends?  Been I while, but I thought
> I had to edit the DB to change the host.

Moving a file between backends is different than moving between Storage
Groups.  You should update the hostname so that Myth can ask the proper
backend to delete the file when necessary.  As long as the file is put into
an already-configured Storage Group directory on the destination backend
then Myth will be able to find the file.  The need to update the hostname
pre-dates Storage Groups, you should always do that.

--
Chris