[mythtv-users] cannot change channel on one tuner

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 17 18:38:57 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Bob Sully wrote:

> On 03/17/2008 07:17 AM, mtrax11 wrote:
>>> I have a few problems after upgrade or perhaps after re-scan.
>>>
>>> I cannot switch to 2nd DVB card unless I make it busy by recording
>>> something.
>>

>> In 0.21, if you want to switch cards, you may need to map a key to
>> the
>> new NEXTCARD binding in TV Playback context. Do this through
>> MythControls. If you were using the Y and/or C keys to attempt to
>> switch, this is almost definitely the problem (their meaning has been
>> changed because of multirec).
>
> Aaaargh!  Wish this had been posted yesterday!  I spent hours
> looking for
> my second pcHDTV 5500 card after the upgrade to 0.21 - I could
> assign it
> as a capture card (I think I deleted and re-entered capture cards 4
> or 5
> times), and assign a video source/input connection - but wore out
> the Y
> and C keys trying to watch TV with it!!
>
> Also, of note is that, under 0.21, I have to assign two separate
> capture
> cards to each 5500 (a DVB and also an analog tuner); this is OK but
> should
> be noted.
>
> Also, has anyone else had issues with 5500 cards under 0.21?  I'm
> seeing a
> lot of hard crashes after channel changes since the update - I never
> saw
> this under 0.20.2.  However, my channel database got hosed in the
> upgrade,
> and I need to straighten that out...I have a backup on another
> partition -
> any way to copy over the old database to the new install and then
> simply
> update it to the new schema?

I only have 1 5500 card but no problems with it except I keep losing
signal on a particular station. A reboot seems to clear it up, but I'm
still ruling out other things before I say something is wrong with the
card.

Oh.. and instead of pressing Y, you could also go to the OSD menu and
choose an available capture card to witch to in the menu there. It's
much easier than cycling through every card anyway. Just jump to the
one you want to use.

-Brad