[mythtv-users] cannot change channel on one tuner

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Mar 17 18:31:00 UTC 2008

On 03/17/2008 07:17 AM, mtrax11 wrote:
>> I have a few problems after upgrade or perhaps after re-scan.
>>
>> I cannot switch to 2nd DVB card unless I make it busy by recording
>> something.
>

> In 0.21, if you want to switch cards, you may need to map a key to the
> new NEXTCARD binding in TV Playback context. Do this through
> MythControls. If you were using the Y and/or C keys to attempt to
> switch, this is almost definitely the problem (their meaning has been
> changed because of multirec).

Aaaargh!  Wish this had been posted yesterday!  I spent hours looking for
my second pcHDTV 5500 card after the upgrade to 0.21 - I could assign it
as a capture card (I think I deleted and re-entered capture cards 4 or 5
times), and assign a video source/input connection - but wore out the Y
and C keys trying to watch TV with it!!

Also, of note is that, under 0.21, I have to assign two separate capture
cards to each 5500 (a DVB and also an analog tuner); this is OK but should
be noted.

Also, has anyone else had issues with 5500 cards under 0.21?  I'm seeing a
lot of hard crashes after channel changes since the update - I never saw
this under 0.20.2.  However, my channel database got hosed in the upgrade,
and I need to straighten that out...I have a backup on another partition -
any way to copy over the old database to the new install and then simply
update it to the new schema?

Thanks
Bob