[mythtv-users] change from SVN to mythbuntu

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:15:39 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> OK, got the latest svn plugins and moved the mythweb files...did all i could
> find to get it going, but am stuck with this error:
>
> Database Setup Error
>
> The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
> webserver conf or .htaccess file. Please read through the comments
> included in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

Steve,

Can you confirm that in your installed mythweb.conf file for Apache,
the following settings are correct for your installation:

<Directory >
setenv db_server (do not use localhost if mysqld and httpd are on
different machines)
setenv db_name
setenv db_login
setenv db_password

You could also try uncommenting 'setenv hostname' to see if that helps.

I have my installation in /var/www/html/mythweb/, so I need to update
the <Directory> path accordingly (I do this via sed in my custom
installation script), and have files owned by apache:apache.

Check your Apache and PHP error logs, as these might also have more
precise details of what is failing.

It should be no more complex than that :)

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/