[mythtv-users] change from SVN to mythbuntu

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 11 19:16:09 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nick Morrott
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:16 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] change from SVN to mythbuntu

On 11/03/2008, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> OK, got the latest svn plugins and moved the mythweb files...did all i
> could find to get it going, but am stuck with this error:
>
> Database Setup Error
>
> The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
> webserver conf or .htaccess file. Please read through the comments
> included in the file and set up the db_* environment variables
> correctly.

Steve,

Can you confirm that in your installed mythweb.conf file for Apache, the
following settings are correct for your installation:

<Directory >
setenv db_server (do not use localhost if mysqld and httpd are on different
machines) setenv db_name setenv db_login setenv db_password

You could also try uncommenting 'setenv hostname' to see if that helps.

I have my installation in /var/www/html/mythweb/, so I need to update the
<Directory> path accordingly (I do this via sed in my custom installation
script), and have files owned by apache:apache.

Check your Apache and PHP error logs, as these might also have more precise
details of what is failing.

It should be no more complex than that :)

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
Franklin _______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

OK, some more tinkering... Now I get this error:

Database Access Denied

You are most likely receiving this message because you
have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see INSTALL for instructions.

The database user and pass are both mythtv. That works in mythfrontend, why
not in mythweb?

Also, where do I go to view the log files? Never done that before.

Bruce, can you maybe send me your mythweb.conf file so I can look it over to
see how it differs from mine? Also, that mythweb.conf file...does it only go
in the sites-enabled folder? No where else?
-Thanks
-Steve