[mythtv-users] Vote for MythTV on Lifehacker...

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Fri Dec 5 18:50:09 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008 10:01:46 schrieb Brad DerManouelian:
> On Dec 5, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> > Damn, I'd never even heard of XBMC, I must say the interface looks
> > fantastic.
>
> Yes, it's very pretty. I played with it for about 6 hours one day and
> couldn't get it to do very much. I got interface sounds, but no audio
> from any media. Then I had a hard time getting it to recognize my
> MythTV recordings, so I went over to use just music and found the
> interface cumbersome in doing anything other than playing an entire
> album in order. Eventually, it crashed and took my audio system with
> it which resulted in a reinstall of the OS since I couldn't figure
> out how to get it back. However, it's very pretty. :)

I don't want to start a war-of-mediacentres. Really not. But in terms of
usability I liked XBMC by magnitudes better than MythTV. In most
aspects it beats MythTV hands down. Then again, MythTV allows much,
much more fine-tuning and it has video and TV functions (more or less)
integrated. The dealbreaker for me was MythTV's ability to chose a
different player for each video, something I could not figure out with
XBMC.

And to Brad: In the support forum for XBMC is a "sticky" thread
pertaining to your audio problem. With solution and everything.
However, I'm sure you tried your best to get it running. :)

--
Gruß
Andreas