[mythtv-users] Can the Windows MythTV project use PureVideo?

Jonny B jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 04:22:41 UTC 2008

>> I have a question about the Windows MythTV project: would it
>> be possible for this project to somehow make use of nvidia's
>> PureVideo?  If possible, that could dramatically lower the
>> CPU requirements for playing H.264 videos.
>
> Please use gossamer to look at the recent threads concerning nVidia's
> new VDPAU support in Linux. The code is currently in trunk and will be
> available for use in the next release (no one knows when that will be
> so don't ask - you can use the unstable version today if you like).
> Using this for playback, my AMD 64 X2 4200+ processor sits at around
> 5% when playing back h.264 content.

Brad-

it doesn't seem your answer relates to his question. While there has
been a lot of talk about the VDPAU support in LINUX, this guy here,
he's asking about the VDPAU support carrying over to WINDOWS. I
haven't seen ANY talk of this yet, though I may have missed it.

There is a response in regards to MythPlayer for windows planning
directx support, but that doesn't sound like the MythTV windows port
that OP is talking about either.

~Jon