[mythtv-users] How do I scan for DTV channels?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:34:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:26 PM, allene222 <nabble at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

> Inside Mythtv setup I hit Scan and I get an error message saying that it could not open the card.
>
> It doesn't work.  I have read that MythTV-setup scan doesn't work on DTV and you need to use a program called Scan, which I have.  Buy I don't know how to use it.
>
> I don't have schedule direct, I just want to turn on to channel 12 (DTV version of channel 11 in my area)  and watch it to see if it will work.
>
> If it can't open the card then you have a problem with your drivers or
permissions and also be sure that mythbackend is not running while you are
doing this or it could also hold the card open and make it unavailable.  You
will need a lineup in order to record with guide data.  If you're just
trying to get the card to work, you should look into the dvb-utils and use
mplayer to test your configuration.

Kevin