[mythtv-users] Is it dead??? TDA1004 Nova-T won't signal lock

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Thu Apr 24 20:02:50 UTC 2008

After an extended power outage yesterday, (caused apparently by a major
>black< water leak flooding the building where I live's power substation
- ick) the old Nova-T in my myth box will no longer signal lock.

Everything including the firmware seems to load ok and the card and box
worked well for years before now, the only recent sign of trouble being
that last week after adding a new drive and rebooting I had to change
channels several times before I could get a sucessful signal lock.

So far I've:

*         Reloaded all the relevant modules and restarted the backend
several tens of times

*         Done a full channel scan - can't find any channels

*         Rebooted several times

*         Powered the machine off and restarted several times - on
occasion the card did not come up at all

When the card comes up, it is there and it does load the firmware.

(from dmesg)

====

tda1004x: found firmware revision 0 -- invalid

tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-tda10045.fw)...

tda1004x: firmware upload complete

tda1004x: found firmware revision 2c -- ok

tda1004x: found firmware revision 2c - ok

====

Before I dump the card in the spare parts box of doom, is there anything
that I could be missing that could be preventing the card from now
operating?

Thanks

Lachlan