[mythtv-users] video2ipod - having trouble with perl

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Sun Apr 13 17:35:13 UTC 2008

> Thanks again Jeff - I was so caught up in the perl errors I didn't think to
> add verbose and debugging when calling the script.
>
> I've got it working now - it  was indeed stopping on ffmpeg.  I had to add
> "-ac 2 -ar 44100" to the ffmpeg call to get it to execute - ffmpeg failed on
> setting the audio options otherwise.
>
> I'm using a DVB-S recording with audio details: Stream #0.1[0x14b5](eng):
> Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 256 kb/s
>
> Anyways - seems to be working for now with those extra audio options.

Excellent! I haven't tried it with DVB, so that's great that it works.
Just so you know, you can define an ffmpeg_extra_options variable in a
config file for just that type of purpose. Probably better than having
to make those kinds of edits in the script if you want to upgrade
versions later.

Let me know how the video quality and playback go. I'm currently
wrestling with some details I hadn't noticed before. h264
full-resolution videos play on the iPod - but they stutter a lot and
it's just about unwatchable when using TV-Out. They look fine on the
screen and on the PC. Weird.

 - Jeff

 - Jeff