[mythtv-users] video2ipod - having trouble with perl

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 10:56:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Jeff Simpson <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu>
wrote:

> > Thanks Jeff for the quick response!   I thought I should get it working
> on
> > the command line before trying to run it as a user job.
>
> Ahh, that's a good idea.
>
> >.. video2ipod: [o] Video Bitrate: 2500k
> > video2ipod: [o] Cropping:      0
> >
> > and then stops and doesn't proceed - no further error message
>
> Try using some of the debug or verbose options.
>
> Directly after that line is where it starts the ffmpeg process. If you
> enable debug (-debug) it will show you the commandline that it will
> use to run ffmpeg before it runs it. This is especially helpful for
> spotting problems with the command.
>
> If you enable verbose logging (-verbose) it will show you the output
> of ffmpeg directly. If you don't use that, it will try to parse the
> ffmpeg output to give you a percentage. For testing you'll definitely
> want to put -verbose on to see what ffmpeg is doing. There's a good
> chance if ffmpeg is spitting out an error, it's being eaten up in that
> section.

Thanks again Jeff - I was so caught up in the perl errors I didn't think to
add verbose and debugging when calling the script.

I've got it working now - it  was indeed stopping on ffmpeg.  I had to add
"-ac 2 -ar 44100" to the ffmpeg call to get it to execute - ffmpeg failed on
setting the audio options otherwise.

I'm using a DVB-S recording with audio details: Stream #0.1[0x14b5](eng):
Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 256 kb/s

Anyways - seems to be working for now with those extra audio options.

Thanks,
Nick