[mythtv-users] 0.21 - delete recording menu is black/transparent

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 21:34:38 UTC 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi
>    This is not a big deal and I am mostly wondering if it's a
> configuration or packaging issue on Gentoo. We use the Titivillus
> theme. With 0.20 if I was watching a program and hit the D key to
> delete it I got a menu that was themed in blue asking me if I wanted
> to deleted, delete and allow rerecord or had changed my mind. The
> point is the menu was themed in 0.20.
>
>    In 0.21 I get this menu if I hit D in the list of recorded programs
> but if I hit D while the program is playing I get a
> blackish/transparent menu asking the same questions. Is this change
> intentional? Is there some setting the effects this sort of thing?
>
>    I tried another theme and get the same sort of results.

Yes I noticed this. In 0.20, pressing D while a recording is playing
exited the recording and then showed the "Delete and re-record, Yes
delete it, No keep it" menu (wording from memory), using the UI theme.
In other words, it was the same menu as if you had stopped the recording
and then pressed D.

Now in 0.21 when pressing D while a recording is playing the "Delete and
re-record, Yes delete it, No keep it" menu pops up overlayed on top of
the recording instead. I assume it is themed using the OSD theme. If
it's not looking right for you, try changing OSD theme (not UI theme).

I'm not sure it was changed, but I actually think it looks quite nice. I
wish more stuff was overlayed/mixed with the playing recording.

I have noticed a bug, though, namely that the OSD version always has the
option to delete and re-record, even if that isn't valid for a
particular recording rule. The UI version correctly misses out that
option when appropriate. I haven't bothered to see if there's already a
ticket for this, yet.

Cheers,

John

--