[mythtv-users] 0.21 - delete recording menu is black/transparent

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:27:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>  >> No idea on this, but...
>  >
>  > So are you seeing the same thing? I am guessing you aren't?
>
>  I've never used that screen so I can't help.
>

>  >>>  Other status  - My AMD64 frontend still stutters. Other frontends
>  >>> around the house do not seem to stutter. The AMD64 machine, when
>  >>> booted into Windows, streams NetFlix all day long without
>  >>> stuttering.
>  >>
>  >> Sounds like you compiled (or the version you're using was compiled by
>  >> someone else) with the wrong processor options.
>  >
>  > Yeah, I'm searching around for info those sorts of things. I'm on
>  > Gentoo so maybe the use flags aren't set up very well yet. I made no
>  > changes from the 0.20 flags. Maybe it's a package issue on 64-bit. Not
>  > sure yet.
>
>  No idea how Gentoo works, but I do know that configure script will
>  detect your processor for you and "do the right thing" unless there's
>  a bug and you need to override what it thinks it should do. Best to
>  not specify any processor flags and see if it's better.
>
>  -Brad

In my case it's not processor flags but rather flags that turn
features on or off, etc. Whatever the Gentoo devs set up.

In fact I seem to remember a message when this package gets built that
specifically states that it's doing exactly what you suggest and warns
us not to override anything which I haven't.

I'll check that out when I go back to Gentoo this afternoon. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark