[mythtv-users] 0.21 - delete recording menu is black/transparent

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 10 19:05:44 UTC 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

>> No idea on this, but...
>
> So are you seeing the same thing? I am guessing you aren't?

I've never used that screen so I can't help.

>>>  Other status  - My AMD64 frontend still stutters. Other frontends
>>> around the house do not seem to stutter. The AMD64 machine, when
>>> booted into Windows, streams NetFlix all day long without
>>> stuttering.
>>
>> Sounds like you compiled (or the version you're using was compiled by
>> someone else) with the wrong processor options.
>
> Yeah, I'm searching around for info those sorts of things. I'm on
> Gentoo so maybe the use flags aren't set up very well yet. I made no
> changes from the 0.20 flags. Maybe it's a package issue on 64-bit. Not
> sure yet.

No idea how Gentoo works, but I do know that configure script will
detect your processor for you and "do the right thing" unless there's
a bug and you need to override what it thinks it should do. Best to
not specify any processor flags and see if it's better.

-Brad