[mythtv-users] Fwd: Sound stutters when playing back and also recording

eric millham emillham at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:34:37 UTC 2008

Hello, posted this quite a while ago with no responses. Still can't figure
it out.
Hard drive performance is fine (after all can record and watch HD at the
same time).
I bet it's some audio issue but am totally baffled as to where to start in
debugging this.

Ideas please!

Thanks,
Eric

I have a strange problem and I'm not really sure where to start debugging
it.

If I am recording SD material from my hauppauge 250 card AND playing back HD
material, recorded with my HDHomeRun I get serious audio stutter or drop
outs. I see nothing unusual in the log during this time but of course it's
pretty verbose.
This also happens if trying to watch live TV in HD while SD is recording.
Now, here's the rub, I can watch recorded or live HD while also recording HD
which would seem to eliminate CPU or disk IO issues.
I can also watch recorded SD while recording SD or HD.
It is only the single combination of recording SD and watching HD that
causes the issue.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Thanks