[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Wed Apr 9 13:49:32 UTC 2008

PB> Currently running 0.21-fixes-16944.
PB> I wanted to schedule a program today through MythWeb.

I actually suspect something is wrong with the mythweb code somewhere.
I recently discovered most of my major important shows weren't recording
the upcoming episodes.  Fortunately I caught this before my wife missed
an episode of American Idol.

I suspect what happened was that I used mythweb to cancel certain
episodes or set one to never record.

The result was that my recording list had don't record listings for a
bunch of episodes that should have been recorded (IE, not ones I
selected).  Additionally, some shows had episodes that hadn't been shown
marked as old.

I *think* mythweb incorrectly marked some shows.  I'm still not sure I
managed to clean things up well and am keeping an eye on it and not
using mythweb to cancel stuff any longer (I used it extensively with
0.20 and never had problems and this is (was!) my primary way of
checking upcoming recordings and managing the system).

I do notice that sometimes firefox would warn me that a javascript
execution was taking a very long time to run and would ask me if I
wanted to stop it (I always let it continue, but I remember once when
firefox crashed too).