[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 10 03:22:24 UTC 2008

On 04/09/2008 09:49 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> [...]

/me wishes Wes's mail client knew how to properly attribute a quote...

> PB> Currently running 0.21-fixes-16944.
> PB> I wanted to schedule a program today through MythWeb.
>
> I actually suspect something is wrong with the mythweb code somewhere.
> I recently discovered most of my major important shows weren't recording
> the upcoming episodes.  Fortunately I caught this before my wife missed
> an episode of American Idol.
>
> I suspect what happened was that I used mythweb to cancel certain
> episodes or set one to never record.
>
> The result was that my recording list had don't record listings for a
> bunch of episodes that should have been recorded (IE, not ones I
> selected).  Additionally, some shows had episodes that hadn't been shown
> marked as old.
>
> I *think* mythweb incorrectly marked some shows.  I'm still not sure I
> managed to clean things up well and am keeping an eye on it and not
> using mythweb to cancel stuff any longer (I used it extensively with
> 0.20 and never had problems and this is (was!) my primary way of
> checking upcoming recordings and managing the system).
>
> I do notice that sometimes firefox would warn me that a javascript
> execution was taking a very long time to run and would ask me if I
> wanted to stop it (I always let it continue, but I remember once when
> firefox crashed too).

Are you all sure that it's not a broken PHP configuration?  I.e. now
that many countries are beginning DST, perhaps your PHP timezone is
improperly configured in /etc/php.ini .  If so, it will cause "weird"
things to happen.

Mike