[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Tue Apr 8 17:38:17 UTC 2008

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > Currently running 0.21-fixes-16944.
>>  >
>>  >  I wanted to schedule a program today through MythWeb.  I happened to
>>  >  look at my upcoming recordings - there was a show I didn't recognize.
>>  >  Without thinking, I cancelled the schedule.  The show was on Bravo,
>>  >  whew I currently only record "Top Chef".  When I went to the Recording
>>  >  Schedules page, Top Chef didn't appear anymore.  Odd.  I rescheduled
>>  >  it.  Then, I looked at the upcoming recordings again, and "Gene
>>  >  Simmons Family Jewels" - a show I don't record - appeared a couple of
>>  >  times on A&E.  I immediately went back to the Recording Schedules
>>  >  page, but the Gene Simmons show doesn't even show up there.  Any idea
>>  >  what could be happening here?
>>  >

>>  Very weird.  I re-did a mythfilldatabase, and now I longer have the
>>  Gene Simmons show in my upcoming.  Any guesses as to why it was there
>>  in the first place?
>>

> I checked out my mythfilldatabase log, and it looks like the culprit is here:
>
> 2008-04-08 06:30:49.261 Connecting to backend server:
> 192.168.1.50:6543 (try 1 of 5)
> 2008-04-08 06:30:49.262 Using protocol version 40
> 2008-04-08 06:30:56.262 MythSocket(7b1b30:9): readStringList: Error,
> timeout (quick).

I seem to recall that mysql will (sometimes) return the results that
belongs to the timed-out search on the next query (modulo some version
caveats and a minimal knowledge of mysql).  Work-arounds are tuning your
db so you don't get timeouts, and coding the client to reconnect for
each query, ( and using a different version of mysql ?)
--
Håkon