[mythtv-users] (OT) ATT U-verse

Eric Holt (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Fri Apr 4 19:14:14 UTC 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> question on quality verses price: You said you like the service, and
> you don't have HD. What service do you have? And, do you like the
> internet service? The salesman that came around last night knew
> nothing about the service, the hardware, etc. He also said they
> "guaranteed" 3 meg down for the internet service. I asked what the SLA
> was and what do they "really" guarantee, but he didn't have a clue.

Brad:  Actually we do have HD, in the living room, but back here in my
bedroom slash office I just have an SD set, and this is where my Myth
setup is.  I dont share it with the roommate, he isnt interested in it.

HD quality out there on the Plasma is, in my opinion, perfectly fine.
The roommate says some HD channels arnt as good as what they were on
Comcast, but I honestly cant tell a difference.  Infact, the Food
Network HD station is absolutely gorgeous.

We have the 6mbit internet package, and unlike Comcast, I *always* get
6mbit.  When we had Comcast, in the evenings, we were lucky to get 2mbit
down, even tho we had the 8mbit package.  It doesnt matter what time I
run a speedtest, or download a large file, I am always getting full
speed.  I certainly have NO complaints about the internet service.

The TV package we have is the U-200 package, and it includes everything
that mattered to us on Comcast.  Plus quite a few things we didnt get.

Overall, I definitely give the service high marks.  We havnt had any
outages with the TV or the internet which is definitely more than I
could say about any given 2 month period with Comcast.  :)

If I could do it all over again, would I still switch?  Absolutely.

--Eric