[mythtv-users] (OT) ATT U-verse

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:47:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
<eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
>  > question on quality verses price: You said you like the service, and
>  > you don't have HD. What service do you have? And, do you like the
>  > internet service? The salesman that came around last night knew
>  > nothing about the service, the hardware, etc. He also said they
>  > "guaranteed" 3 meg down for the internet service. I asked what the SLA
>  > was and what do they "really" guarantee, but he didn't have a clue.
>

>  Brad:  Actually we do have HD, in the living room, but back here in my
>  bedroom slash office I just have an SD set, and this is where my Myth
>  setup is.  I dont share it with the roommate, he isnt interested in it.
>
>  HD quality out there on the Plasma is, in my opinion, perfectly fine.
>  The roommate says some HD channels arnt as good as what they were on
>  Comcast, but I honestly cant tell a difference.  Infact, the Food
>  Network HD station is absolutely gorgeous.
>
>  We have the 6mbit internet package, and unlike Comcast, I *always* get
>  6mbit.  When we had Comcast, in the evenings, we were lucky to get 2mbit
>  down, even tho we had the 8mbit package.  It doesnt matter what time I
>  run a speedtest, or download a large file, I am always getting full
>  speed.  I certainly have NO complaints about the internet service.
>
>  The TV package we have is the U-200 package, and it includes everything
>  that mattered to us on Comcast.  Plus quite a few things we didnt get.
>
>  Overall, I definitely give the service high marks.  We havnt had any
>  outages with the TV or the internet which is definitely more than I
>  could say about any given 2 month period with Comcast.  :)
>
>  If I could do it all over again, would I still switch?  Absolutely.

Thanks for the reply, Eric,and thanks for OTing this part.

Can you tell me how the signal is routed in your house? I assumed that
there the service is supplied (from the outside) with one coax that is
connected to a router. From there, the signal goes out to the
different set top boxes via coax - each set top box having it's own IP
address.

I've seen several posts that say fiber is to the node and some that
say fiber is to the curb. I assume that it is really fiber to a node
in the neighborhood and from there copper goes to the home. Can you
confirm or deny this?

Thanks!

brad