[mythtv-users] ATT U-verse - any users yet recording successfully?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:02:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
<eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:

> Brad Fuller wrote:
>  > On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
>  > <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
>  >> Hi Brad.  I use MythTV with my U-Verse service, and it works great.
>  >>
>  >>  I have a PVR-150 card.  I bring the signal from the AT&T set top box
>  >>  into the PVR-150 card via S-Video.
>  >
>  > I assume there is some audio output on the set top box. What do you do there?
>  > Also, what outputs are available on the set top box?
>  >
>  > And: anyone recording HD with U-verse?
>  >
>  > BTW: the service comes with 3 set top boxes, but what if you have
>  > more. When I think of it, I would just hate to install set top boxes
>  > at each TV. yuk.
>

>  Brad:  Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention, I am going from RCA out the
>  back of the U-Verse STB into the line-in port on the PVR-150 card.
>
>  The set top boxes have quite the array of outputs on them...  Component,
>  S-Video, Composite, HDMI... optical audio, RCA audio.
>
>  As far as recording HD...  When the Hauppauge HD-PVR comes out, you
>  should be able to use that and pull component video from the STB into
>  Myth.  (See the other thread going on right now about the HD-PVR).
>
>  A set top box is required at each television.  I was told you could have
>  one DVR + up to 3 additional set top boxes.

question on quality verses price: You said you like the service, and
you don't have HD. What service do you have? And, do you like the
internet service? The salesman that came around last night knew
nothing about the service, the hardware, etc. He also said they
"guaranteed" 3 meg down for the internet service. I asked what the SLA
was and what do they "really" guarantee, but he didn't have a clue.