[mythtv-users] Using ASUS M2NPV-VM on-board nvidia chip?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:17:10 UTC 2007

2007/10/24, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com>:

> Do you have the suspend feature enabled in the kernel configuration
> (CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y)?

I tested it with both way. No changes. If I do not rmmod usb_hid
module, mythbox goes to suspend mode and wakes up after one second. I
did not have time to test it with kernel 2.6.23, because of running
recordings, but I will do it today.

> Mine is a diskless frontend that boots over the network. Therefore, it
> has not tuner cards. The CPU is a AMD Athlon64 3800+ (Lima Core). The
> remote is a MCE remote.
>
> Other software versions are LIRC=0.8.3pre1, ALSA=1.0.15 (including
> drivers, libs and utils), NVIDIA=9746 and Xorg=7.2

lirc 0.82 and svn (with kernel 2.6.23), alsa 1.0.15 and latest hg,
nvidia latest from nvidia.com, xorg 7.2 ...

I do not mind that I have to remove usb modules and to restart
mythfrontend after waking up... but crashing after waking up is more
important top be solved. I will test it today with kernel 2.6.23.1, it
is maybe already solved.

you advantage is that your system is diskless with much less possible
conflicts, but I believe that can be solved.

M.