[mythtv-users] Using ASUS M2NPV-VM on-board nvidia chip?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 20:25:29 UTC 2007

Ma Begaj wrote:
>>> pefectly OK. Something important to me: I had to rmmod all usb modules
>>> before suspending to ram.
>> What BIOS and kernel versions are you using? Since installing the 1001
>> BIOS and the 2.6.23 kernel, I have been able to suspend to RAM using my
>> MCE remote without any special actions.
>
> I am using 1001, but I was using kernel 2.6.21.5 until yesterday. I
> have vanilla kernel 2.6.23 since yesterday, but I did not test it with
> suspend to ram.
>
> It would be great if I would not have to remove usb modules before
> suspend, because when I remove them, I have also to remove lirc
> modules, because ir-receiver is running on the usb port. That also
> means that I have to restart mythfrontend and so on... vicious circle
> :).

Do you have the suspend feature enabled in the kernel configuration
(CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y)?

> But still ... also with these steps, suspend to ram did not always
> work for me. Mythbox did not wake up every time (1 of 5) and I did not
> use suspend to ram pretty much because of that. But I will test it now
> with a new kernel.
>
> Maybe it was kernel ... or some other hardware parts (pvr500, pvr150,
> athlon x2 am2 3800+)... What do you have?

Mine is a diskless frontend that boots over the network. Therefore, it
has not tuner cards. The CPU is a AMD Athlon64 3800+ (Lima Core). The
remote is a MCE remote.

Other software versions are LIRC=0.8.3pre1, ALSA=1.0.15 (including
drivers, libs and utils), NVIDIA=9746 and Xorg=7.2