[mythtv-users] Using ASUS M2NPV-VM on-board nvidia chip?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:59:36 UTC 2007

> lirc 0.82 and svn (with kernel 2.6.23), alsa 1.0.15 and latest hg,
> nvidia latest from nvidia.com, xorg 7.2 ...

This already got pretty much OT, but it is pretty useful. One question
about on-board sound, because I never got it working 100% correct:

Do you use s/pdif, 5.1 surround or just stereo?

I have 5.1 speakers and I have sound on all speakers only with
mplayer, when it is playing a file with real 6ch sound.

alsamixer have a switch for 2ch, 4ch and 6ch. If I switch to 6ch and
play a recording (which has 2ch sound) in mythtv,  I get sound only
the right speakers, and as soon as I change volume, sound is gone
totally and I can only reload snd_hda_intel to get the sound back.

If I switch it in alsamixer to 2ch, everything is ok, but I have only
front speakers working... one more vicious circle :)...

If you use s/pdif or just stereo sound ... you can ignore everything I