[mythtv-users] Weird firewire capture color issue

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri Oct 12 15:33:50 UTC 2007

> On 10/12/2007 12:58 AM, Greg Mitchell wrote:
>> I don't even know how to describe this one.  I have a Motorola 6200
>> which I've been using for quite some time as a second tuner/HD capture
>> via firewire.  I get most of my subscribed channels on it.
>>
>> In the last week, shows captured via firewire have been exhibiting some
>> strange color issues.  The show will look fine, then all of a sudden one
>> of the color channels is shifted to the right by about 10% or so.
>
> I was getting something like this from a DISH STB (via S-Video).  I
> messed with my Myth box and capture cards for about an hour before I
> tried something crazy--rebooting the STB.  Once I shut down the STB for
> a few minutes and powered it back on, it worked fine.  (I actually had
> to reboot my STB more often than my Myth box.)
>
> Mike

I've actually already rebooted it, and the problem persisted.  In fact, I
even moved it to a different spot in the house, and hooked it up to a
different cable outlet (renovations going on in my server closet ;)

It also looks like this issue is only with analog channels - ie. the
onboard mpeg encoder is probably to blame.

I guess I'll just tell Myth to prefer digital channels on that tuner.

Greg