[mythtv-users] Weird firewire capture color issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 12 12:21:48 UTC 2007

On 10/12/2007 12:58 AM, Greg Mitchell wrote:
> I don't even know how to describe this one.  I have a Motorola 6200
> which I've been using for quite some time as a second tuner/HD capture
> via firewire.  I get most of my subscribed channels on it.
>
> In the last week, shows captured via firewire have been exhibiting some
> strange color issues.  The show will look fine, then all of a sudden one
> of the color channels is shifted to the right by about 10% or so.

I was getting something like this from a DISH STB (via S-Video).  I
messed with my Myth box and capture cards for about an hour before I
tried something crazy--rebooting the STB.  Once I shut down the STB for
a few minutes and powered it back on, it worked fine.  (I actually had
to reboot my STB more often than my Myth box.)

Mike