[mythtv-users] Help me disable screen blanking in FC7

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 10 17:44:47 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----

I had this all fixed till last week when I asked Jay to shove something in my "startup group." And it was back. The dreaded screen blanker. Everything (non command-line-ish) we tried didn't work. Till I (think I) figured out that Jay had created (did you?) a second desktop. I assaulted the screen saver and power management (just for good measure) on desktop 2 (actually it was 1, I think) and lo and behold - turned on the TV in the morning to see bright shiny MythTV, rather than Hideous Grey Screen.
(yeah, I know, but I'm fairly Linux illiterate, so I was pretty pleased with myself. Now if only I could get rid of the 10pm triple-swap complete machine lockups... (btw, Jay - no crash last night - whether it was due to few shows or the fact that I turned the AC to 50 and it was pouring down on the machine, I have no idea.))

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"