[mythtv-users] [solved] AverTV DVB-T 777 (PCI) remote

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:16:22 UTC 2007

martyn at wol.es wrote:
>    Hello!
>
>    This is a little help for those still trying to figure out how to get this
> remote control (named RM-FP) to work. I'm using kernel version 2.6.22,
> Mythbuntu 7.10 beta.
>
>    "lirc_dev" and "lirc_gpio" are the two modules needed by LIRC.
> But "lirc_gpio.ko" is missing in Mythbuntu!! However, I found that
> saa7134, the card driver, has support for the remote and it can be read
> through /dev/input/event<x>. So, this is what I did:
>
> $ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
> I: Bus=0001 Vendor=1461 Product=2c05 Version=0001
> N: Name="saa7134 IR (AverTV DVB-T 777)"
> P: Phys=pci-0000:02:0c.0/ir0
> S: Sysfs=/class/input/input4
> U: Uniq=
> H: Handlers=kbd event4
> B: EV=100003
> B: KEY=40fc310 82140000 0 0 0 0 2048000 180 4001 9e0000 0 0 ffc
>
> --   The line starting with "H:" tell us the device node, "event4" in my
> system. With this information , we edit "hardware.conf":
>
> # /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
> REMOTE="AverTV777"
> LIRCD_ARGS=""
> LOAD_MODULES=true
> DRIVER="dev/input"
> DEVICE="/dev/input/event4"
> MODULES=""
> LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
> LIRCMD_CONF=""
>

> --   Now, we create the lirc config file which names the remote control
> buttons:
>
> $ irrecord -H dev/input -d /dev/input/event4 lircd.conf
>

> -- We can edit "lircd.conf" and change the remote control name if we want.
> Then we move this file to "/etc/lirc/".
>
> -- Restart the daemon ("/etc/init.d/lircd restart" on Debian).
>
> -- Execute "irw". This tool prints the button name when it is pressed. If
> nothing appears on screen, then something is wrong!
>
> -- Edit "~/.mythtv/lircrc" or "~/.lircrc" (or both) to map button names to
> mythtv commands.
>
> -- Restart mythtv.
>

>    Regards.
>       Martín.

This is a rather unfortunate thing.  We were hoping that lirc_gpio would have
been sorted out by release time, but it wasn't.  This type of solution was
posted to lirc-list, to an ubuntu bug and elsewhere, but without any hardware
that uses GPIO by any of the ubuntu-mythtv or mythbuntu devs, we haven't come up
with a method to automate it in lirc postinstall scripts.

If anyone with this type of hardware would be willing to help during the hardy
cycle, we'd most appreciate it.  Contact us at ubuntu-mythtv at lists.ubuntu.com
(You have to sign up first though at http://lists.ubuntu.com )

--
Mario Limonciello