[mythtv-users] Getting the most use out of all tuners

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 09:28:48 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, Jerry <mythtv at hpcjerry.com> wrote:
> I've got 6 tuners.
> I've set RecordOverTime and RecordPreRoll to 120 seconds each.
>
> But, when I've got two shows that are back to back, the scheduler likes
> to use the same tuner for both of them - even when I've got 5 other idle
> tuners.  Thus my RecordOverTime / RecordPreRoll settings are ignored.  I
> do not want to explicitly force the extra 2 minutes before and after
> each show because sometimes I have enough shows scheduled where that
> would cause me to run out of tuners.
>
> So, is there a way to make the scheduler maximize the opportunities it
> has to use the RecordOverTime and RecordPreRoll settings when you have a
> bunch of idle tuners?

Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have the reverse situation.

I have three tuners in my BE and had all recordings set to start early
and finish late by a number of minutes.  On Wednesdays, there are
often a number of recordings that run back to back and I have had to
go through and remove all early start and late finish defaults as I
had conflicts.

How have you setup your 'RecordOverTIme' and 'RecordPreRoll' so that
the settings only take effect when there are no conflicts?

I am using mythTV 0.20-fixes.

Cheers,
Whytey