[mythtv-users] Getting the most use out of all tuners

Jerry mythtv at hpcjerry.com
Sun Feb 18 09:20:27 UTC 2007

I've got 6 tuners.
I've set RecordOverTime and RecordPreRoll to 120 seconds each.

But, when I've got two shows that are back to back, the scheduler likes
to use the same tuner for both of them - even when I've got 5 other idle
tuners.  Thus my RecordOverTime / RecordPreRoll settings are ignored.  I
do not want to explicitly force the extra 2 minutes before and after
each show because sometimes I have enough shows scheduled where that
would cause me to run out of tuners.

So, is there a way to make the scheduler maximize the opportunities it
has to use the RecordOverTime and RecordPreRoll settings when you have a
bunch of idle tuners?